Thursday, November 13, 2014

Read And Write, Mr. Right

The absolute worse thing on the planet -- yes, I am exaggerating -- is when a guy pronounces a word incorrectly when talking to me.

"I pacifically like the way you are looking in that dress." Yes, it's a compliment. Yes, he was being nice. But errr uhh, the word is specifically. And I am gonna need you to specifically know that. LOLOLO

Another thing that burns my britches is when a guy uses a word incorrectly. "Man, I was behooved when she said that." No, no and no. I believe the word you are searching for is bewildered.

I hate, no, I disapprove of text messages with misspelled words. And no, I am not talking about using abbreviations. I am talking about something like this: "I want be able to go to the store." No, no and no. It is won't. And the O is not near the A on the phone soooooo you really don't know that the correct word is won't.

Social networking reveals people's reading levels. Some guys cannot even put together a simple sentence. Remember, when you learned about simple, compound and complex sentences in elementary school.

A simple sentence is BASIC!

I used to think that I was strange because I am turned off instantly when any of the above mentioned things happen.

But then I got the courage, like the lion in the Wizard of Oz, LOLOLO and told my gfs, "Guuuuurl, when he said pacifically that turned me off instantly." "I want to correct him when he uses the wrong word." "His social media posts are horrendous."

Well, I was not alone and a huge burden was lifted off my shoulders. Other women felt the same way. We commiserated. They understood my pain. Thank goodness! I am not an oddball.

As I took a sigh of relief, I could move forward knowing that I was not asking for A LOT to want him to know how to read, write and do arithmetic.

Or am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment