Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Boo Hunting Season Comes Early In 2013

Most animals have breeding seasons, so have you ever wondered if human's have one?

I have. So of course this sent me just ahh Googling :) What I discovered is that there is a peak in pregnancies in December. Condom sales increase during winter months. The transmission rate of sexually transmitted diseases increase during winter months and even abortions increase during winter months.

Ummmm, so I'm gonna say that winter is when the animal called human mates the most.

When it gets cold out, people crave warmth and closeness. And that leads to other stuff. A 'lil hugging, snuggling and spooning.

But it's not just staying warm that will cause folks to mate. Boredom will also. Remember the major blackout 10 years ago -- as a matter of fact -- 10 years ago today! There was a boom in babies born 9 months after the power was back on.

Snow storms cause the same type of phenomenon.

And all the skiers and winter sports enthusiasts will be up in arms, but winter is more of a settle down season. In one word - BOOOOORING! Well, Christmas and holiday parties are fun but the snow and cold make me wanna hibernate. I am not that excited about grabbing a fabulous dress to get foxaaaay.

But there is a coolness setting in early this year. It is like 40 degrees at night!!!!

August is supposed to be hot. Really! August is supposed to be hot. I have summer stuff that I have not even worn yet because it is sooooo chilly. I have at least 4 dresses -- very foxaaaay by the way -- that have not been worn.

The coolness is affecting my fashion judgement. I looked at a pair of open toe booties the other night thinking I should dress for the weather and not the month. Then I thought, it is August and I decided against that craziness. Open-toe booties will not get on these tootsies until mid-September.

September is my month of change. I swap out my attire. I reflect on my year -- accomplishments and failures because it's my birthday month. Oh yea, I am a September baby. My parents were cold in December the year before I was born LOLOLO.

But this coolness in the air, the rustling of the leaves and the letting down of the windows at night has caused women and men to prepare for war, I mean, hunting early -- boo hunting early.

I saw a few signs the other day that read: "BOO HUNTING SEASON!"

The shelves are empty of all things needed to attract and keep that special Boo -- ropes, nets and duck tape. LOLOLOL

Women are perfecting their cooking skills and making sure they get their hair and nails (did) done. Men are lifting weights...LOLOLO

How are you preparing for Boo Hunting Season?

1 comment: