Monday, March 18, 2013

How Do You Act Around Your Ex?

Last night's episode of Real Housewives of Atlanta got me to thinking about the proper way to handle being around an ex when the two of you still have friends/family in common.

For those who do not watch RHOA, Kenya, one of the housewives who is off her rockers, was at the housewarming of another housewife. When she found out that her ex-boyfriend was there (and he was with a date), she lost it. She called him a stalker, and said that he is at every event that she attends. I guess she forgot that they had mutual friends.

Then she took off for the nearest exit. She did not want to hear what anybody had to say. She was UPSET!

Soooooo after she made a scene, I thought, Wow, she may not be completely over this fella.

And then I started thinking about how I handle myself in situations when there is an ex in the room. First, I would like to point out that I do not want to hang out on a regular with any of my ex-whatevers. They are exs for a reason.

But on those few occasions, I think being polite and respectful are in order. Heck, I don't even care if a person still has feelings, the best way to handle, in my opinion, is in the classiest way possible. And of course, be sure to smile and look fabulous while doing it.

I have been in a few situations when an ex has been around and what I would really would like to do is go up to him and hand him a piece of my mind.

In fact, one guy was such a jerk at the end of our relationship that I really could have put a hit out on him. I'm glad that I did not know anyone in the mob. LOLOLOLOL But really, what a jerk off. A LOOOOOOSER! He is the ONLY guy that I wish I had never, ever met him. *singing like Carl Thomas' song :)

But I like to use my past relationships as building blocks and learning tools. I like to assess the whole situation to understand why and what...Why was I attracted to this person and what was good and bad about the relationship, and then use that the next time around to make better decisions.

For example, I dated a guy with teenage daughters. I'm sorry but this it was one of the most terrible dating experience ever. I will blog later about why?

While all guys with teenage daughters may not offer me the same type of experience, I would be a fool to not use the information I gained from that relationship. Lil girls can be a trip. THE END! But back to Kenya, as she stormed out and made a huge scene, I wondered if most people would handle it that way. How would you handle being at an event with an ex?

No comments:

Post a Comment