Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Ex-Boyfriend Is Gay

I was on the telephone with one of my gfs and she revealed to me that she’s gotten confirmation that one of her ex-boyfriends is gay.

I quickly turned to my journalism skills to find out more.

What?
Who?
When?
Where?
Why?

Danggone.

My mouth was wide open and my eyes stretched real big.

It didn’t seem like it hit her like a ton of bricks, but I was in shock. But how are you supposed to feel when you find out that one of your ex-boyfriends is gay?

All kind of thoughts ran through my mind. He is smart. He is fine. He dresses well. Owns his own home. Has a good family. Has a good job.

I'm not saying that homosexuals shouldn't have all that but that's what I was thinking.

One of my gfs teases me until we laugh to tears about one of my ex-boyfriends being learning disabled. One of the reasons I stopped liking him is he didn’t have any get up and go about himself. No motivation. No ambition. Nuttin.

I thought it was lazy but it wasn’t. Now since my gf has gone on to get extended education and training in special education, she says he had all the signs.

So now you tell me.

But back to my gf and her ex-boyfriend being gay.

She said, "I always thought he was either bisexual or gay because he was extremely open sexually.”

Whew!

What immediately jumps in my mind is guys' desire to have anal sex. Schucks, are bootie lovers gay? I’ve read that it doesn’t mean that, but does it?

She continues talking while my mind is jumping from one thought to the other.

"And his mother used to wonder why he wouldn’t settle down because he met a lot of good women," she said.

Dang!

I’m still trying to pick my bottom lip up off the floor.

She soon went into how she got confirmation.

"Someone saw him and said his wrist is broken," she said.

No, not broken fa real but that he uses it more in conversations and gestures.

Wow!

I believe my gf dated this guy for about a year. I remember them even going on a vacation together.

I’ve heard stories about ex gfs and even husbands coming out the closet but to have someone close to me say that it is part of her life story threw me.

After I pick my lip up off the floor, I begin wondering why he had not figured it out earlier? Why was he trying to be something that he wasn’t? Why was he sleeping with women and really liked men? What are the signs? What are the signs? What are the signs?

The last thing I wanna do is date a guy who really likes men.

Yikes!

Have you ever dated someone and you thought he or she was gay or lesbian? Why did you think that? Do you have a good Gay-Dar? What is a telltale sign that someone is gay?

Share your thoughts with me here or e-mail me at choosingmrwrong@gmail.com.

4 comments:

  1. What an interesting post! and even moreso because I'm living in a similar situation...lemme clarify that, I'm not dating someone that I suspect is gay or anything like that, but I am certain a longtime friend of mine is a "switch-hitter."
    So what are the telltale signs? It's crazy because I don't want to be so quick to generalize since we all know that there are going to be some outliers, but some things are just undeniable & obvious. The way a person talks; it could be as subtle as a voice fluctuation or intonation that raises an eyebrow, or a gesture or other mannerism that causes you to feel that a gender boundary is being crossed. For example, too much neck or wrist action while walking or talking may definitely be a telltale sign for the men. I also think that watching how people move in certain settings may help shed light on their orientation. Say, the club for instance; how a person behaves in the club. Who are they looking at, who are they dancing with, who are they talking to, or not... The club tends to turn most people into their animal counterpart, especially when a little liquor is in the mix! So, like a National Geographic reporter, just lay back in the cut and watch how the scene unfolds...you may make a surprising discovery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I like that idea of watching folks at a club after a few drinky drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boyfriend of 7 years broke my heart on our 7th anniversary which we spent in Europe while he was there for a month for school- he told me he was gay. Months of not understanding how for 7 years he lied about who he was and a ton of digging for clues... I came across numerious accounts and dating sites and found out he had cheated on me with about a 100 men for 4 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Priscilla,

    Are you serious? I'm sooo sorry! Did you ever suspect anything?

    ReplyDelete