Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'm Going To Become A Cheerleader In Bed

I'm scared and excited about a recent turn on my relationship journey.

After dating a few good fellas, fools and clowns, I've decided that I'm going to devote my attention to just one.

I'm really more of a one-on-one type of girl anyway so concentrating on one guy is more my style. Although I have to say that dating and talking with a few guys all at once, isn't really that bad.

OK, OK, it's fun, big fun.

But he is nice, very nice. And nice is key with me. The golden rule is Be Nice To D. :)

We talk a lot and laugh even more. We have jokes about each other and even if I shared them, you wouldn't even get it. So to avoid you saying "DUD" I'll keep 'em to myself.

I like being around him and there's an ease to talking to him. I guess it's what you call a real good comfy level. But I have to say, the most charming thing about him is he listens to me. And I have discovered I need somebody who will listen to me. Listen to my fears, dreams, goals, likes, dislikes and just listen to me jack my jaws.

It's interesting how this works though.

I'm a jump-right-into-it-in-the morning type of person. I have a lot of energy. Let's talk about the party we went to last night and what was going on or what's on the agenda for the day.

One morning, I was ready to jibba jab. It was about 7 a.m. Yep, 7 in da mornin'.

He turned to me and said, "Girl, I know you are not ready to do all that talking now."

It wasn't nasty. As a matter a fact, it was hilarious. I laughed and laughed and he laughed and then I went back to sleep.

We also have good chemistry. It seems like we could be good, yep, real good for each other but although we have good chemistry, the mathematical equation that includes children, divorces, needs and wants is not near being solved just yet.

To keep from having difficulties, there have been a few requests made by each of us to build our relationship.

We have decided that each morning that we are together, we will start the day with saying, "Good Morning" and a kiss. Kiss to the back, neck, hand, shoulder, forehead, lips, whatever. It's our Good Morning, Good Day Rule.

This way, we are setting the tone for the rest of the day.

Plus because it is early in the relationship, this can become habit and routine and make for great mornings and days to follow.

No matter how much we may want things to be a certain way, it takes effort. I believe this and he does too.

I came up with the idea after we got off to a bad, cranky, negative start one morning because I kept hitting snooze on my cell phone alarm.

When I went to him with the idea afterwards, I got a little bit of resistance. Yea, he thought I was being cornballish and unnecessary.

But I wasn't.

Things can be good, but things can be great if there is effort put into building a relationship.

After a few days, it was time to put our new morning rule in practice.

Oh and the person who awakes first says, "Good Morning!" and gives the kiss.

I had been tossing and turning all night with crazy dreams, yea, I dream crazy sometimes.

After dozing off and finally getting a little bit of rest, I hear a "Good Morning!" and feel a kiss on my cheek.

I got all tingly inside. We had to get up and get going but oooooweeee I got all tingly inside because he remembered.

He remembered. He remembered.

I kinda felt a little bit like a cheerleader with poms poms, and he most definitely gets an A for effort.

Hoooray. Hip, Hip, Hoooray. LOLOLOL

I think the key to a wonderful relationship is starting off the way that you want it to be. Older women in my family have told me this.

I'm off to a good start and I'm thinking I may need to buy a cheerleading outfit to cheer on the home team. :)

Do you have anything that you would like to implement in early in a relationship to make it better? Have you implemented anything? It could be kindness, chores, anything.

Share your comments with me here or e-mail me at choosingmrwrong.com.

2 comments:

  1. I must say I call you cornball a lot, but this was a good blog. I liked this about you and him. And even I cracked a smile and said YAY because he remembered. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thanks very much ECash. :)

    ReplyDelete