Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Do You Perform Background Checks On Mates?

You never know what you are getting into when you meet someone new.

Sometimes, people tell you they are single when in fact they are married 10-plus years.

Sometimes, people say that they do one thing for a living when in fact they do something else.

Sometimes, people may say that they own their home when in fact they rent.

Sometimes, people may say that they have one child when they have several.

All of the aforementioned scenarios are real. The names have been changed to people to protect the identities of supa liars...LOLOLOLOL

But seriously, people do tell big, bodacious lies as they enter into new relationships.

Who knows why people do it.

Once a guy asked me if I had done a background check on him. Heck, it hadn't entered my mind to plug his name into the county Web site to find out if he had a record or had been married or had property or any of that shiggidy. But I think it's more common than people will admit.

According to the Diggity Institute, 3 out of 5 women do background checks on men when they first meet. LOLOLOLOL

I have gotten a little curious about a couple guys I have dated, but I haven't done background checks. Usually when I think something is up, I usually check on out as in vanish, leave the scene, get gone, bye bye :)

But would you conduct a background check if you were suspicious of a prospective mate? What would you be looking for?

No comments:

Post a Comment